The Folkloric Touristic Lebanese Group was founded in 1968 with the support of the National Council of Tourism in Lebanon.
The group represents the Lebanese traditional and folkloric arts of Lebanon and has introduced the history and the civilization of the Lebanese people to all the societies in the world, through 181 trip. The group is consisting of eight members – the dancers, singers, and musicians. In its folkloric shows, the group presents live scenes which include artistic features and traditional handcrafts from all over Lebanon.
Here are some of the insight on what the group presents in their shows:
- Presentation of Traditional musical instruments (10 instruments)
- Folkloric traditional songs (and Arabic songs)
- Folkloric costumes which represent a different Lebanese region according to its climate and nature.
- Introduction in every scene of Folkloric poems.
- Traditional rural acting (songs and sketches)
- Folkloric dances featured in the scenes, accompanied by special musical instruments from every region.